- Relief of menstrual cramps (period pain)
- Discreet and portable (3.8 cm x 6.5 cm)
- Convenient, rechargeable battery (via USB)
Period Pain (Dysmenorrhoea) is a widespread female problem which affects 40-90% of women. Period pain can have a real impact on quality of life, leading to absences from work and school.
The Ova Plus Period Pain Reliever offers a completely natural form of relief from period pain and the pain of secondary menstrual pain due to conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids or pelvic inflammatory disease.
The unit applies a small electric current through two electrode patches placed on the lower abdomen. This causes muscles in the uterine area to relax, leaving a calming analgesic effect.
This small and convenient unit can be worn all day under clothing to provide safe, continuous, drug-free period pain relief whilst maintaining a normal, active lifestyle.
- Clinically Proven – Trials carried out using the Ova Plus have identified that TENS is very effective at treating period pain. TENS reduces the cramping which is caused by reduced blood flow to the muscles. Results of the trial illustrated that the Ova Plus did not present any side effects, such as nausea and drowsiness, commonly associated with analgesia and other pain relief drugs.
- Endometriosis Pain Relief – Treatment for Endometriosis consists of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs or the oral contraceptive pill, all of which work by reducing the activity of the uterine muscle. The Ova Plus uses TENS which, rather than reducing uterine muscle activity, works by altering the body’s ability both to receive and to perceive pain signals. Endometriosis sufferers feel that the Ova Plus takes the edge off the pain and makes life more tolerable.
- Long-life Rechargeable Battery – The Ova Plus has a long-life rechargeable battery which can be charged via USB to enable quicker, more convenient charging without the use of a mains adaptor.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
DO NOT USE TENS:
• If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have epilepsy TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• During the first three months of pregnancy
It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
Stop using immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• Observe caution when using TENS at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads.
It may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit.
If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
DO NOT PLACE ELECTRODE PADS:
• On broken skin The pads could encourage infection.
• On skin which does not have normal sensation.
If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
• On the front of the neck
This could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal response).
• Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches.
• Across the front of the head Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
• Near malignant tumours In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• Ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops stop using TENS and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available. Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
ALSO DO NOT:
• Immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
• Attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
• Mix old, new or different types of batteries.
• Use this device leads, electrodes, and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.