Reliable, easy to use & works perfectly after pregnancy
Our latest maternity TENS unit gives you more functions to actively track your progress in labour. Perfect mama+ can be used alone or easily used in conjunction with other pain relief methods for labour such as gas & air, pain relief medication, painkillers, water births. This is because there are no side effects with TENS technology.
The perfect mama+ will give you reliable pain relief by using TENS technology. TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a safe and effective at reducing pain because it blocks the pain signals to the brain whilst triggering the release of endorphins which is our bodies natural pain relief.
Start Practicing Early
Practice with your perfect mama+ by using it 3 weeks before your due date to help relieve pain in your back and those Braxton Hicks (false labour pains / early stomach cramps).
The perfect mama+ is easy for both you and your partner to use! Your partner can practice putting on the electrode pads and you should practice using the machines buttons and programs.
Helps Postpartum Recovery
The perfect mama+ will help you have a smoother postpartum recovery by aiding with uterus contractions after birth. The uterus cramps are caused by the uterus cramps shrinking back to normal size.
Perfect mama+ helps with:
- Inducing breastmilk
- Menstrual pain
- Postpartum back pain
- Pain associated with caesarean, perineal tear and episiotomy
Focused not Fearful
Go into labour feeling prepared and focused for your childbirth. Rid yourself of anxiety and jitters during pregnancy knowing that you have a 100% safe and reliable pain relief that’s ultra-portable.
Our Best TENS machine for pregnancy and labour
With many new and helpful features packed into a portable and easy to use handheld device.
- Contraction Timer – Effectively measure your progress
- Breast Electrodes – Initiate lactation with help form specially designed breast electrode pads
- Integrated electrode pads – Comfortable connection with maximum nerve coverage
- Boost Button – button for additional pain relief during contractions
- Safety feature – The device shuts off if the electrode pads have poor connection.
- Drug-free – Safe to use for both mother and baby
- 60 steps of intensity for gentle increases in stimulation
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS (Please read instruction manual carefully before use)
DO NOT USE TENS:
- If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem. TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
- If you have epilepsy. TENS may affect seizure threshold. You should consult your doctor prior to using the mamaTENS unit.
- During the first three months of pregnancy. It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development
- On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy. Stop use immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
- When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control. Loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements
- To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain. TENS may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• Observe caution when using the Perfect Mamma at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads; it may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/ mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit. If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures. Stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
DO NOT PLACE ELECTRODE PADS:
• On broken skin. The pads could encourage infection.
• On skin which does not have normal sensation. If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
• On the front of the neck. Could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal response).
• Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches
• Across the front of the head. Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
• Near malignant tumours. In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• Ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads. If a skin irritation develops stop using TENS, and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available.
ALSO DO NOT:
• Immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
• Attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
• Mix old, new or different types of batteries.
• Use this device with leads, electrodes, and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification.
IF IN DOUBT CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL PRACTITIONER, MIDWIFE OR OBSTETRIC PHYSIOTHERAPIST