Assists in strengthening of pelvic floor muscles to manage stress and /or urge incontinence via an anal probe and/or electrode pads.
Bladder leakage and incontinence are common problems for both women and men, affecting their long-term health. Exercising the pelvic floor muscles is recognised as the way of preventing and treating symptoms of incontinence and pelvic floor weakness.
The perfect PFE is a powered muscle stimulator used for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles.
It sends a gentle stimulation (similar to your natural nerve impulses) direct to your pelvic floor muscles through an anal probe with stainless steel electrodes or with optional electrode pads. These signals make your pelvic floor muscles contract. If you have forgotten how to contract them, are having trouble getting muscle response, or simply want to bring back the condition of your pelvic floor muscles, the perfect PFE can work them for you to build up their strength and help you to develop your own muscle control. It perfectly complements pelvic floor exercises. The perfect PFE is very easy to use, with four clearly labelled preset training programmes, a fifth programme for chronic pelvic pain and a simple push button control.
The perfect PFE provides relief from conditions such as:
- Urinary and faecal incontinence: including stress, urge and mixed types as well as post prostatectomy urinary incontinence in men. Additionally, it may help improve sexual intimacy by toning the pelvic floor muscles.
- Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: unexplained chronic pelvic pain associated with irritative voiding symptoms and/or pain located in the groin, genitalia, or perineum in the absence of pyuria and bacteriuria.
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction in men and improvement of pelvic strength.
Also, can be used for non-medical purposes to:
- maintain a healthy bowel movement
- achieve more satisfying erection
- improve rectal sensation for enhanced pleasure
- improve pelvic strength
- Single Channel
Single channel unit to treat symptoms of urinary and faecal incontinence via an anal probe via adjustable depth.
- Comfortable Stimulation
Gentle stimulation with fine tune adjustment settings for different levels of intensity, 1 mA per step.
- 5 Preset Programmes
EMS programmes including STRES, URGE, MIXED and TONE aftercare; and additional TENS programme providing relief from prostatitis pain and pelvic pain.
- Treatment Timer
Unit defaults to 20 minutes’ treatment to ensure the pelvic floor muscles are not over-worked. The user can manually reset this (Continuous, 10, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 mins).
- Open Circuit Detection
Automatically resets the strength to zero and flashes ‘LEADS’ if the connection comes loose.
- Automatic Keypad Lock
Automatic keypad lock prevents any accidental changes in settings.
- Large LCD Screen
Clearly shows the operation of the unit and the programme and intensity being used.
- Do NOT use with optional electrode pads if you have a pacemaker (or if you have a heart rhythm problem) or with any electronic medical devices. Using this unit with electronic medical devices may cause erroneous operation of the device. Stimulation in the direct vicinity of an implanted device may affect some models. Stimulation on the front of the neck can affect your heart rate. Very strong stimulation across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
- Do NOT use in the first 6 weeks following a surgery in the area being treated. Stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
- Do NOT use if you have symptoms of active urinary tract infection or localized lesions. Introducing the probe may irritate sensitive tissue.
- Do NOT use if you have poor sensation in the pelvic region. You may not be able to control the intensity of stimulation safely.
Caution should be used if you have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy as electrical stimulation may affect seizure threshold.
Caution Do not permit use by persons unable to understand the instructions or persons with cognitive disabilities, i.e.; Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.