The Sports TENS 2 unit uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) and EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulator) to provide muscle and nerve stimulation for muscle toning, pain relief and rehabilitation.
- helping the body to release endorphins (natural painkillers)
- By blocking pain signals to the brain.
- provides intensive muscle contraction in order to react with specific nerves supplying a particular muscle group.
Key features of the Sports TENS 2:
The Sports TENS 2 is a powerful performance and fitness muscle stimulator for body toning, shaping, relaxation and beauty. It has TENS settings to relieve pain due to injury and over-training. Gentle massage is provided for relaxation and de-stressing.
The Sports TENS 2 is capable enough to help with all stages of training and recovery.
- 27 EMS programs
- 10 TENS programs
- 10 massage programs
- 8 user defined programs enabling you to experiment and save your favourite settings
The Sports TENS 2 has sufficient memory for a 30-day exercise program compromising of three uses a day. The memory records usage time and average intensity used. For training, this enables you to keep an exercise diary. For rehabilitation and pain relief, it offers an objective treatment record.
- Rechargeable Li-on Battery
- External Charger included
- Backlit LCD screen
- Comfortable strength control
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
Before you decide to purchase the Perfect Tens, PLEASE do consult your medical practitioner.
DO NOT USE TENS/EMS:
Should you have a pacemaker or heart rhythm problems.
- A Sports TENS 2 used in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect settings on some pacemaker models.
- Applying the Sports TENS 2 unit on the front of your neck can affect your heart rate.
- An extra heartbeat may be caused if the Sports TENS 2 unit is used on a strong setting across the chest.
If you have Epilepsy
- Seizure threshold may be affected if you have epilepsy.
During Gestation (Pregnancy)
- First trimester of gestation (Pregnancy)
There are no test results to indicate what the effect would be on a foetus
- Second and Third trimesters of gestation (Pregnancy)
Immediately cease use if unexpected contractions occur.
Driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control
- Damaged or loose leads and pads, as well as improper contact with the skin (Caused by movement of the body) may result in brief involuntary muscle movements (Contraction of muscle)
- Should you be experiencing pain of an unknown cause, use of the Sports TENS 2 may delay diagnosis of a serious or progressive condition.
EMS used simultaneously with monitoring equipment connected to the body with body worn electrode pads.
- May result in interference with signals being monitored.
Use of the EMS unit near strong electromagnetic fields is not advised. (E.g. electro surgery / microwave cookers / mobile phones).
- Doing so could result in the unit malfunctioning.
- Should the unit appear to be operating incorrectly, move away from the source of the electromagnetic field
Use with caution after recent surgical procedures.
- Stimulation may interfere with the healing process.
DO NOT PLACE ELECTRODE PADS:
On broken skin
- The pads could encourage infection.
On skin which does not have normal sensation.
- If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
On the front of the neck
- The airway could close resulting breathing problems.
- May cause a vasovagal response (sudden drop in blood pressure)
Over the eyes.
- Eyesight could be affected or bring about headaches.
Across the front of the head
- Effect on stroke or epileptic patients or people who have had seizures is not yet known.
- May affect sense of balance.
- The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
Near malignant tumours
- In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
- Ignore allergic reactions to electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops refrain from using TENS
Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.